Banan nursery will adopt the British curriculum [Early Years Foundation Stage]. This system recognizes that every child is a unique child who is constantly learning and can be resilient, capable, confident and self-assured.
At Banan nursery the children will learn to be strong and independent through positive relationships with the staff. It is expected that they will learn and be part of a developing and enabling environment, in a number of different ways.
A Unique Child
Every child is a unique child who is constantly learning and can be resilient, capable, confident and self-assured.
Children learn to be strong and independent through positive relationships.
Children learn and develop well enabling environments in which their experiences respond to their individual needs and there is strong partnership between practitioners and parents/carers.
Learning and Development
Children develop and learn in different ways. The frameworks cover the education and care of all children in early years’ provision, including children with special educational needs and disabilities.
Areas of Learning and Development
Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Making Relationships
- Self-confidence and self awareness
- Managing Feelings and Behaviour
- Moving and Handling
- Health and Self-care
Communication and Language
- Listening and Attention
- Shape, Space and Measure
Understanding The World
- People and Communities
- The World
Expressive Arts and Design
- Exploring and Using Media and Materials
- Being Imaginative
“The Child is Both a Hope and a Promise for Mankind” Montessori
The Montessori method started in 1907 by Dr. Maria Montessori, an Italian medical doctor. This method develops children in a way that makes them independent learners and also encourages them to be confident. The areas of the curriculum that Banan nursery will focus on include:
Practical Life exercises which:
- Helps the child to orient and adapt him/her self to the environment.
- Helps the child to refine his/her motor coordination
- Enable the child’s mind and body to become focused
- Develops the power of concentration
- Assist the child in the journey of becoming orderly
Sensorial Development exercises which develop the 5 senses:
- Visual sense
- Tactile sense
- Auditory [hearing] Sense
- Olfactory Sense [smell]
Banan Nursery will be bi-lingual in its operation. There will be a choice between classes:
2-English and Arabic.
With these 2 sections parents will be able to choose either to have the programmed in English only or in English with Arabic. Further details of the timetable will be available at the nursery. The nursery will be using an up to date, research based and effective Arabic curriculum, used widely by schools in the UAE.
Aims of the Curriculum
- Quality and consistency in the nursery, so that every child makes good progress and no child gets left behind
- A secure foundation though learning and development opportunities, which are planned around the needs and interests of every individual child
- Partnership between educators in the nursery and with parents;
- Establishing a Foundation for life-long learning
- Developing each child, taking into account his/her independent learning styles and developmental requirements
- Increasing each child’s awareness of diversity and cultural heritage, while establishing an environment of mutual respect
What the parents can expect from Banan Nursery
- Confident, independent and well balanced children
- Children with good social interactive skills, displaying creative ability
- Children who communicate clearly and effectively
- Pupils who have good listening skills, and are able to follow instructions and complete tasks
- Children who have respect for their culture and for others